By Carol Mowdy Bond
The Oklahoma State Department of Education announced that no-cost and low-cost meals to low-income students will continue. Normally served in the school buildings, to those families who qualify, the meals will be offered as a “grab and go” service at no charge.
For students who qualify in the YPS District, distribution of these meals begins Monday, March 23rd.
Sack meals are available, for students ages 18 and under, on weekdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and include a lunch for that day and the next morning’s breakfast. The student must be present in the car. Pick up by driving through the drop off lanes of these Yukon schools.
- Central Elementary, 300 S. 9th
- Myers Elementary, 1200 S. 1st Street
- Independence Elementary, 500 E. Vandament Avenue
- Lakeview Elementary, 872 S. Yukon Parkway
- Ranchwood Elementary, 607 Annawood Drive
- Shedeck Elementary, 2100 S. Holly Avenue
- Surrey Hills Elementary, 10700 S. Hastings Avenue
As well, meals are also available via the YPS mobile delivery to the Welcome Home and Neumayer communities. No public access is allowed to buildings, and no children may be left at school sites.
To get more information on meal service during the COVID-19 school closures, contact the OSDE’s Child Nutrition Program at 405-521-3327.