Alleged Yukon drunk driver charged for kicking firefighter

Defendant tased by police for refusing officer’s commands. court documents show


By Conrad Dudderar
Staff Writer

EL RENO – An accused Yukon drunk driver has been formally charged for allegedly kicking a Yukon firefighter after being tased twice by a police officer.

James Kenneth Guyot, 49, was charged March 3 in Canadian County District Court with assault and battery on medical care provider (a felony) for “willfully and unlawfully without justifiable or excusable cause” kicked victim John Graham “with the intent to do bodily harm.”

Graham, a captain with the Yukon Fire Department, was providing medical care Nov. 7, 2021, after a Yukon police officer had stopped Guyot for allegedly driving a pickup under the influence of intoxicating alcohol.

Guyot also has been charged with two misdemeanors, DUI and obstructing an officer.

Yukon Police arrested the defendant on Nov. 7, 2021, in the Parkland II Addition.

The incident leading to the arrest is detailed in a probable cause affidavit signed by Sgt. Dustin Biggs.

At about 12:15 a.m. Nov. 7, the officer noticed a Chevrolet 2500 truck swerving along N.W. 10th from Vickery Avenue to Bryce Canyon. Sgt. Biggs initiated a traffic stop and continued following Guyot until he parked in a driveway.

The defendant allegedly admitted he was drunk but refused to obey the police officer’s verbal commands as he started walking toward his house.

The Yukon officer grabbed the man’s shirt and pushed him into the front of his truck and then into the yard, according to the court affidavit.



After Sgt. Biggs ordered Guyot to get on the ground, the defendant allegedly tried again to walk toward the house.

So, the officer deployed his taser and Guyot fell back on the ground, according to the affidavit.

After the first five-second taser deployment, Guyot allegedly tried to get back up and refused to follow verbal commands to stay on the ground. So, Biggs tased him a second time.

Other officers then arrived to help take Guyot into custody.

Emergency medical personnel also responded to the scene.

When YFD Capt. Graham tried to remove one of the taser probes, the defendant allegedly kicked him in the leg.

Guyot reportedly refused to take a breathalyzer test.

The defendant faces up to three years in jail and/or fines totaling $2,000 if convicted on all three counts filed against him in Canadian County District Court.

He was released from custody after posting bonds totaling $3,000, court records show.