As online holiday shopping begins, the Yukon Police Department is sharing eight ways that Yukon residents can help prevent porch pirates from stealing their packages.
- Have your packages delivered to the home of a relative or neighbor who will be there to accept them.
- Use the “ship to store” option, many times this will also save you on shipping costs.
- Using a tracking number allows you to track your packages and notifies you when they will be delivered.
- Request a “Signature Delivery Option.” This requires a signature when the packages are delivered and ensures they will not be left at the front door.
- Request a specific drop off time and date when you will be home to accept your packages.
- Arrange to have your packages held at the shipping service so you can pick them up.
- If allowed, have the packages delivered to your workplace.
- Use video surveillance devices to monitor your front door for package deliveries.
For more information, contact Yukon Police at (405) 354-2553 or email@example.com