Yukon’s Walmart Neighborhood Market celebrated its reopening on Friday morning, April 28.
The public was “welcomed back” to the newly remodeled store, 1001 E Main.
The Yukon store remodel solidifies Walmart’s commitment to providing customers with a “seamless shopping experience,” Walmart officials said.
The transformation features innovations and improvements designed to elevate Yukon shoppers’ experience at their Walmart Neighborhood Market.
The April 28th festivities featured a celebratory ribbon-cutting, recognition of community partnerships and $1,000 grant presentations to the Yukon Fire Department, Yukon Police Department, Yukon High School, and Yukon Sharing Ministry.
A Yukon-focused mural – designed and illustrated by local artist Clint Reid – was revealed.
The mural depicts Route 66 and other culturally significant images as part of Walmart’s Community Mural Program, the largest public-facing art installation across America.
Walmart regional market manager Crystal Lassiter said the Yukon store is the company’s “highest sales volume” neighborhood market in Oklahoma.
Updates to Yukon’s Walmart Neighborhood Market store include an enhanced beer and wine section, a paint refresh and an expansion of over-the-counter pharmacy items.
“We are thrilled to celebrate these improvements and what it means for the Yukon community,” store manager Erich Johnson said. “These changes make it easier for our customers to find what they need quickly, including more scan-and-go stations to reduce wait times.”
LOTS OF UPGRADES
These store upgrades are part of Walmart’s Signature Experience, which seeks to inspire customers and elevate their in-store experience:
- Activated corners: Exciting displays featured at the corners of certain departments to further engage customers.
- Elevated departments: Feature displays showcase products out of their boxes so customers can imagine them fitting into their daily lives.
- Digital touchpoints: QR codes and digital screens located throughout the store to help customers access the vast range of products and services Walmart offers.
In addition, Yukon Walmart customers can save time and money by shopping when, where, and how they want. The Yukon store continues to offer the following innovations:
- Walmart Pay: A touch-free way to pay.
- Walmart+: This membership program includes free Walmart.com delivery (no minimums), free delivery from stores ($35 minimum), discount on fuel, use of the Scan and Go app, free six-month Spotify Premium membership, Paramount+ Essential plan subscription and more.
To take advantage of these Walmart shopping features, customers can download the Walmart app through Apple Store or Google Play.