Busy Yukon recreation facility due new $339k HVAC system

City council hires contactor for Dale Robertson Center upgrade

Ryan McClure

By Conrad Dudderar
Staff Writer

One of Yukon’s busiest recreation facilities will receive a much-needed upgrade.

The Dale Robertson Center, 1200 Lakeshore, is get a new heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) system.

“The current system is in need of replacement due to age and parts becoming nonexistent,” Yukon Parks & Recreation Director Ryan McClure told the Yukon City Council.

The City of Yukon recently solicited requests for proposals to replace the facility’s aging HVAC system.

City Council members, at their July 6th meeting, awarded a bid and entered into a contract with S.E. Hardesty Co. DBA Hardesty Team Company for the project.

The Oklahoma City contractor will be paid an “amount-not-to-exceed” price of $338,900 to perform the work.

Hardesty submitted the lower of two bid prices for the Dale Robertson Center HVAC system replacement. Proposals were opened May 30 at Yukon City Hall.

Harrison-Orr Air Conditioning’s bid price was $351,200.

McClure recommended the city council award the contract to Hardesty.

“The current manufacturing lead time is 21-22 weeks with an estimated 8 weeks to remove and install equipment,” he wrote in a memo to council members.

“The project will be paid from Capital Improvement funds.”

The Dale Robertson Center, on Yukon’s east side, houses Yukon’s senior programs, community events and private rentals.



As the latest step in the process, the City of Yukon has paid more than $50,000 to cover its share of preliminary engineering costs for two multimodal trails being partially funded by federal grants.

The city council, at its July 6th meeting, approved these payments to the Oklahoma Department of Transportation:

  • $28,530 for a trail along the west side of Garth Brooks Boulevard, from 700 feet north of Health Center Parkway to 250 feet south of the Interstate 40 westbound ramp.
  • $22,777 for a trail along the west side of Yukon Parkway from Ranchwood Boulevard to 800 feet north of N.W. 10th.

Total preliminary engineering costs are $141,079 for the Garth Brooks Trail and $99,517 for the Yukon Parkway Trail.

These 10-foot-wide multimodal trails are being funded in part by Transportation Alternative Program (TAP) grants – which covers 80% of construction and design costs. The City of Yukon is responsible for the other 20%.

Total project costs are $1,080,609 for the Garth Brooks Trail and $762,967 for the Yukon Parkway Trail, with Yukon’s “local matches” being $217,609 and $154,967.



Among other business at its July 6th meeting, the Yukon City Council approved:

  • Declaring properties at 205 Cedar Ave., 211 Cedar Ave., 1019 Cedar Ave., and 1106 S 1st St. as “public nuisances.”
  • Paying $93,484.01 to Tyler Technologies for 29 Income software modules from the FY23-24 Technology & Utility Billing budget.
  • Renewing the Oklahoma Municipal League (OML) membership for FY23-24 at a cost of $35,847.35.
  • Renewing an agreement with the Oklahoma Municipal Authority Group (OMAG)’s workers compensation plan for FY23-24. Total premium amount is $599,351.60 with an escrow credit of $74,367.40.
  • Renewing agreements with HBC CPAs and Advisors to prepare the City of Yukon’s annual audit and with Crawford & Associates P.C. to prepare annual financial statements.
  • Resignation of Cathy Wright from the Ward 2 seat on the Yukon Park Board.