Yukon Public Schools has announced spectator safety guidelines for athletic events.
YPS patrons were notified in an Aug. 30th email from Yukon school officials.
“Student, staff and patron safety and security is a top priority of Yukon Public Schools,” YPS officials wrote in a news release.
“We have worked diligently with the district administration and local law enforcement to update our safety and security protocols at athletic events. We understand that these guidelines may be an inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding and support as we work to make our events enjoyable and safe.”
These “spectator guidelines” are listed for YPS athletic events:
- No student re-entry.
- Only approved bags are allowed.
- No loitering allowed in school parking lots or on school property.
- No unauthorized people will be allowed on the sidelines. Spectators are expected to stay in the designated area in the stands.
- All students must remain on the side of the arena or stadium designated for their school’s fan base.
DON’T BRING THESE …
Prohibited items at YPS athletic events are:
- Weapons of any kind.
- Coolers, containers, or ice chest.
- Beach balls, footballs, or any other unauthorized sporting equipment.
- Outside food or drink.
- Noisemakers of any type that could cause a stop in play.
- Pets (with the exception of registered service animals).
- Laser pointers.
- Bags, backpacks, fanny packs, hard binocular cases, or purses.
“Yukon Public Schools reserves the right to revoke/remove spectators at any time who refuse to comply with spectator guidelines,” YPS officials told district patrons.
“We appreciate your cooperation to ensure the safety of our students, staff and patrons.”