By Conrad Dudderar
EL RENO – Three Canadian County properties – two in El Reno and one in Piedmont – are back on the county’s tax rolls.
Canadian County Commissioners, during their weekly meeting Oct. 30, approved three 9 a.m. sales at the treasurer’s office.
“These were properties that were acquired in the (delinquent tax) resale,” Canadian County Commission Chairman Dave Anderson said.
The Canadian County Treasurer’s Office will conduct a sale of any property that had been returned to the county’s possession after the owner failed to pay taxes.
Each property is sold to the highest bidder in a public auction, with the new owner being responsible for paying the taxes moving forward.
The latest commissioners’ sales were approved Oct. 30 after being advertised three times in the El Reno Tribune.
The winning bidders and their bid amounts were:
- Jessy Rogers ($1,072.95) – Lots 7-8 Block 21, Keith’s Addition.
- Jessy Rogers ($931.28) – Lots 12-14 Block 7, Clark’s Addition.
- Randall Pluto, Merik Aston or Angel Slegers ($100) – Lot 24 Block 49, Piedmont Original Town Addition.
Canadian County Treasurer Jay Arnold confirmed these were the lone bidders for the three property sales.
THIS AND THAT …
Among other business approved at the Canadian County Commissioners’ Oct. 30th weekly meeting were:
- A contract with OTIS Elevator Company to provide elevator maintenance and inspections for the Canadian County Health Department.
- Transferring a used Ford Crown Victoria passenger vehicle from the Canadian County Sheriff’s Office to the Canadian County Expo Center.
- Soliciting six-month bids for the period of Jan. 1-June 30, 2024.
Undersheriff Kevin Ward on Oct. 30 presented the weekly Canadian County Jail report for the sheriff’s office.
The update showed 218 inmates in custody, with 189 prisoners housed at the El Reno detention center and 29 others being held in contracted counties.
The total count is down one from last week as 53 prisoners await transfer to state Department of Corrections (DOC) custody.